Whatever your role, we take your career and development seriously, and want to enable you to build a really successful career with the Agency and wider Civil Service.
It is crucial that our officers have the right skills to develop their careers and meet the challenges ahead.
As an NCA officer you’ll benefit from regular performance and development reviews to ensure this development is ongoing. As a Civil Service employee, you’ll be entitled to a wide range of benefits, including:
- 26 days’ annual leave on entry, increasing on a sliding scale to 31 days after 5 years’ service. This is in addition to eight public holidays;
- a competitive contributory pension schemethat you can enter as soon as you join where we will make a significant contribution to the cost of your pension; where your contributions come out of your salary before any tax is taken; and where your pension will continue to provide valuable benefits for you and your family if you are too ill to continue to work or die before you retire;
- flexible working patterns including access to Flexible Working Schemes allowing you to vary your working day as long as you work your total hours;
- generous paid maternity and paternity leave which is notably more than the statutory minimum offered by many other employers;
- childcare benefits (policy for new employees as of 5 April 2018): The government has introduced the Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) scheme. Working parents can open an online childcare account and for every £8 they pay in, the government adds £2, up to a maximum of £2,000 a year for each child or £4,000 for a disabled child. Parents then use the funds to pay for registered childcare. Existing employees may be able to continue to claim childcare vouchers, so please check how the policy would work for you here;
- interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket;
- the opportunity to use on-site facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens; and,
- occupational sick pay
Please see the NCA benefits package for further information.
Staff representative groups
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to occupational health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
Further details of our diversity groups can be found on our Inclusion, diversity and equality page.