Knowledge, skills and experience
All qualified NCA Investigators are accredited to Professionalising Investigation Programme Level 2 (PIP2). To join us as an experienced professional it is desirable to have this accreditation on entry.
In the case of the Initial Operational Training Programme you will be expected to pass an Investigation Officers Assessment Centre and achieve PIP2 Accreditation within an agreed timescale.
- Basic understanding of information management.
- Good understanding of UK legislation affecting Agency activity.
- Broad appreciation of organised criminality, nationally and internationally
- An understanding of law enforcement, prevention techniques and intelligence gathering capabilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Information technology skills.
- Research skills.
- Risk management/problem solving skills.
- Report writing/drafting and presentation skills
- Experience of analysing information from a wide range of sources.
- Proven experience of working to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment.