Enterprise Design Authority Technology is based within Digital Data & Technology (DDaT).
We work across the agency to build a mechanism for achieving the alignment of enterprise and solution, technology architectures to the NCA’s strategic direction.
This role will focus on the technical design elements of an exciting and challenging delivery of key operational capabilities within the NCA.
Working with the Senior Application Architect and the wider business, to create and deliver digital applications and web solutions. The post-holder will also work closely with different DevOps teams to coordinate and manage all aspects of software development effort to delivery.
• The post-holder will apply proven professional technical skills and a track-record in designing, building and implementing enterprise digital applications systems and services.
• Manage and participate in design governance and gate reviews making sure that project-embedded architects successfully prepare and complete design gates. Be an ambassador for the EDA in working with projects to embed the architectural design gates within the governance process.
• Develop and maintain application architecture principles, standards, blueprints, roadmaps and transitions states that underpin all IT design and delivery in the NCA.
• Support the work with projects to embed the architectural design gates within the overall governance process ensuring reference information is published, maintained and readily available.
• Maintain a broad and up-to-date knowledge of current state and emerging developments across applications; bring this knowledge and expertise to bear in the design of systems.
• Manage, coach and develop staff, work cooperatively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote high-performance, and manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with NCA values.